Monday, November 17, 2008

Just another day

Another Monday.. come and almost gone.. The "crew" came home last night and the house shows it.

He emptied the dishwasher yesterday morning... I had to empty it again when I got home from work today. I sometimes wonder if the kids have many people over in the late hours of the night and have parties and use up the glasses and dishes and bowls... and sometimes I wonder how many people REALLY live here. Could there be some that I don't know about?

The countertops, coffee tables, end tables, carpet, floors... you name it.. clean as a whistle Saturday and Sunday...Doesn't take a whole lot of effort to clean a house with 2 people in it... Then the "crew" (that's 3 whole people... a 27 y/o , 24 y/o and 4 y/o) come home and the counters are cluttered with "stuff", there are backpacks here and there (like right in the middle of the floor in some areas), laundry baskets - with clothes that need to be washed and dryed... in general .. STUFF! ... and to top it off, these girls are "neat freaks" --- but not in the areas that I NEED them to be in. Getting tired of picking up after them and stacking all their "stuff" on the stairs, hoping they will bring it up with them when they head up to their rooms.. (and yes, I know, they are taking advantage --- so everyone tells me anyway...  since they live here, room and board, FREE)... That's another story for another day.

Grandson is in the tub... having fun cuz Gram put bubbles in tonight... His mom is at school until 10:40 tonight and his auntie is working at the hospital and then has to go to the doctors house that she was taking care of over the weekend (the dogs and the house) and get her stuff as they came home a day early.

I cooked for him and my grandson... He cleaned up... I had my bit of peace for the moment (while the young one has been in tub)... My time to go wash his hair and the rest of him and get him in his jammies and then it's "relax" time.

Just another day...

No comments: