Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year and my life back?

I always wonder what will happen -- what will change (if anything) -- what's going to happen in the world, etc. But one can only wait and see!!! You can listen to predictions, etc, BUT, you need to see what comes of them...

Two things going on in my life that I THINK I can predict. 2 daughters - 25 and 28 years old. They have both hooked up with new men.. nice men - normal men (whatever normal is)... but definitely different men than from their pasts. I'm pretty excited for them, as I think they are excited for themselves (and each other - sisters). I'm thinking that by summer ... they will both be living with their new guys (if not married).. either way, doesn't matter to me - Just want them happy! AND want them to be out on their own (they both have left and come home too many times - it's time to fly the coop damn it! lol)

Me and the old man have put our lives on hold for a few years now .... the pressure is there and it's time for the girls to move on.. We've done what we could for them .. as in: co-signing for loans, helping them make payments on loans (school loans) - as they get paid every other week instead of weekly and the payment hits on an "off" week .. letting them live here for FREE!.. Yes... for FREE. But have they saved any money??? Hell no.. not a nickel... This year will be time for us to get tough with them.. (as hard as it's going to be to do that cuz I'm a sap when it comes to my kids). They will either have to start paying room and board or move out... plain and simple.

We had an electricity bill in the latter part of summer that was over $400!! FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS!! That is INSANE!!!! Even with the swimming pool and central AC.. INSANE! Spoke to the girls about 30 minute showers.. limit is now 10 mins etc etc.. bill was HALF the next month and continued to go down. 30 minute showers are NOT happening here anymore!!!! You want a 30 minute shower... ??? Go to the Y! lol When it was just the 2 of us here, an $80 light bill was high.. in summer, with pool going and A/C, etc.. ..

Don't get me wrong.. we love the girls and my grandson.. They are part of our world, but it's time for them to start their own worlds... and I guess we'll see what happens over the next few months.

I sure do want my life back though!!! I'm 50 years old and shouldn't be taking care of my kids!!!! But I will say, that when they do go... It's going to leave a big empty hole in my heart....



4 comments:

Alvis said...

Obviously, I don't know what it's like to be in your situation, since my kids are only six and one. However, I think you've done way more than many parents would do. I hope your daughters appreciate all the sacrifices you've made in the past to raise them and all the sacrifices you're making right now.

By the way, in my blog entry titled, "What's Wrong With This Picture," the YOUR on it should be YOU'RE. I thought that was a pretty big mistake. :)

Alvis said...

PS
Besides, with your kids out of the house, more time to play H2DM...right?

Tina Marie said...

Yep...setting boundaries and sticking to them is difficult, but you can do it. It will definitely change your life...for the better!

And I'm with Alvis on the more HL2DM thing...WOOT!

Tina Marie said...

YOU NEED To POST!!!!!